Mavic Wheel Bearing Kit 2 (Rim Brake Only)


Size Guide
Model Year Range

  • Why doesn’t Mavic offer a ceramic bearing option?

    Answer: Companies like Mavic price things for the 90% in the middle who are just looking for a wheel set in a certain price range, leaving the remaining 10% of us looking for what Mavic left out to please the bean counters. Well, this is what they left out: Ceramitech Bearings.


    1) Our ceramic wheel bearings feature Grade 5 balls, the highest quality aerospace grade available. Precise internal tolerances mean you get the smoothest rolling assemblies possible.

    2) Ceramitech wheel bearings are extremely wear resistant because our ceramic material is much harder than the hardest steel bearings. Expensive bearings need to last, and last, and our Mavic ceramic bearings do.

    3) Our silicon nitride balls are 60% lighter than steel balls. Not just important to the weight weenies out there, this lower mass means faster spin up, and that’s speed, baby.

    4) Our special low-contact seals and Kluber Iso Flex grease mean Ceramitech wheel bearings have 20-30 times lower friction than steel bearings with standard seals and standard lubrication. Go stir a tub of axle grease. Now stir some oil. Any questions?

    Unlike many “ceramic kits” on the market, our Mavic Ceramic Bearing Kits replace every bearing in your wheel set and not just the hub bearings. Our Mavic Ceramic Bearing Kits are compatible with both 8mm and 9mm FTS-L freehub bodies thanks to the included reducer. Efficiency is the new Aero. You’re already turning the wheels, so why not go faster with a Mavic Cosmic Carbone, R-SYS, or Kysrium wheel set?

    more about ceramitech bearings

    Parasitic drag is the enemy within any machine. Frictional losses pile on bit by bit, consuming effort that should be moving you forward. But in any ceramic bearing it's not the balls that wear out, it's the races, which soon fail, causing wattage-sapping drag. That's why our Mavic ceramic bearing races are processed with additional melting and heat treatment steps. The result is a type of corrosion-resistant steel with a very uniform fine grain material structure that is then micro polished for an ultra smooth race channel. This process produces a bearing race set that is hard enough to resist ceramic-induced wear, and so smooth that there's no good place for wear to begin. Like you we measure success by comparing distance over time. With BBInfinite and Ceramitech bike bearings replacements, you'll go the distance time, and time again, faster, and faster still.

    Mavic Ceramic Wheel Bearing Kits ship with the Mavic axle adapter for 8/9mm conversions to ensure freehub compatibly over a wide year-range.

    Bicycle Wheel Bearings included are 608(1), 9227(1), 6901(3)

    Select the wheelset you are outfitting above.

  • Technical Specifications

    1x 608 8 x 22 x 7

    1x 9227 9 x 22 x 7

    3x 6901 12 x 24 x 6

    Weight: -g

Find out More

Bottom Bracket Selection Guide